Azure Container Marketplace also the deployment of Tetrate Istio Distro (TID) on existing AKS clusters, or allows to create Azure AKS cluster with pre-installed TID. (TID is also listed in Azure Stack HCI Catalog as tested and validated Solution).
- Start by selecting the Tetrate Istio Distro offer on the Azure Marketplace.
- Then choose a plan (the list is constantly changing as newer versions are released):
- Select between existing cluster and a new cluster creation. Enter the basic info on the first page per figure below:
- Select AKS cluster name and Kubernetes version, also the cluster attributes:
- Let Azure to validate your settings and proceed with cluster creation:
- After the cluster is created, you can begin provisioning your application and Istio will automatically onboard and connect your services:
When the cluster Deployment is completed - you can proceed with deploying applications in Istio-enabled AKS cluster.